Roots Vegetarian Cafe George Street Lancaster - 9th August 2016

On a trip to Morecambe, we decided to stop off in Lancaster on the way, after I found Roots Vegetarian Cafe, whilst looking for places to stop for a coffee and cake.  



Roots is bright, airy and modern inside, with a lovely relaxed feel to the place and an open kitchen, which I really like.





The menu includes breakfast and lunch choices, with vegan and gluten free options, as well as takeaway and a specials board.



I had an Americano coffee and a piece of vegan, gluten free carrot cake, it was absolutely delicious, so moist, yet so light, I could do with the recipe it was that good.



I had a quick chat with owner Dawn, a very friendly lady, who was busy preparing that day's lunchtime salads and soups, so everything is made fresh on site.   I will definitely return, as I would like to try some of the other vegan options.   Highly recommended.


No comments:

Post a Comment