The Borough Dalton Square Lancaster - 9th August 2016

My visit to The Borough came about, purely due to the fact, they have a couple of vegan options on the menu and I like to support places that do.


Our visit was at lunchtime, on the way to a two night stay in Morecambe and thank goodness I booked, as it was very busy when we arrived in the bar, with many tables in the dining room, having reserved on them.


The menu has vegetarian options too, in fact special of the day, was a salt and pepper tofu dish, how wonderful to see this kind of dish on a gastro pub menu.



I chose the carrot and cumin falafels, with beetroot houmous and sweet potato fries and it was an excellent dish.   The falafels were moist and not at all dry, the fries were delicious, not greasy, but nice and crisp and it was a lovely lunchtime dish.



I had a word with our waitress Lucy T, who is a great asset front of house, helpful and friendly.   She was interested in veganism, as her friend was a vegetarian and I said we would definitely return, as I would love to try the vegan tagine, in fact we would stop over, as they have rooms too.  

No comments:

Post a Comment