1847 Vegetarian Bistro Mosley Street Manchester - 11th March 2016

I went to 1847 Vegetarian Bistro with meat eating friends, who were won over with its vegetarian and vegan dishes, they loved it, which proves just how good the cooking is.   This is not your average vegetarian restaurant and looks very welcoming from the outside and cosy on the inside, although the low lighting at our table, was not ideal for my food photos which are not as clear as I would like.



There are plenty of vegan choices on the menu and many of the dishes can be made vegan and lucky for me, there were options that accommodated my food allergies.

I chose parsnip soup to start served with rosemary persillade, black sesame seeds and sesame oil, it was a good sized portion, a lovely smooth consistency and very filling, it was delicious.


Main course was leek and bulgur stuffed mushrooms, braised red cabbage and roasted carrots, with a side order of chips.   The dish was substantial and I had to leave one of the mushrooms, but the dish was very tasty and I thoroughly enjoyed it.



The wine list has clearly marked vegan wines and I really wish other restaurants would do the same, it makes life so much easier.   I chose a white Les Girelles Picpoul De Pinet, which I have had before, but not by this wine maker, it was excellent.


The whole experience was very enjoyable, great service front of house from our waiter, excellent food and I will definitely revisit.


No comments:

Post a Comment