The Parkers Arms Hall Gate Hill Newton - 4th March 2016

My first visit of 2016 to The Parkers Arms, but it will not be the last, it was that good.   There are more photos on my review than normal, as making a decision as to which to post, was nigh impossible.


To begin I was given some delicious canapes, comprising delicate mushroom and fava bean crostini, drizzled with herb oil, fabulous and so tasty, an excellent amuse bouche to begin.




I ordered a bottle of  vegan Tabali Cabernet Sauvignon wine, to accompany the meal, this is a cracker and one of my favourites.


My starter was aubergine caviar on homemade flatbread, with loads of oil and herbs, this was a heavenly dish, in fact its the best starter I have had in a long time, I could eat this time and time again.



Main course was roasted cauliflower, rice and tahini dressing, a perfectly cooked dish and I loved the rice, which had a little wild rice running through it, with the dressing bringing the whole dish together.



I had a rest in between mains and dessert, to finish the Tabali red wine and then ordered oat cream posset with blood orange, rhubarb, pistachios and edible flowers, a light, refreshing dish to finish.



Finally I was given some tasty crystallised orange pieces, to complete what was a fantastic, very well balanced meal.   I am not a big eater, its rare I would order three courses, but the portion sizes were spot on, so I left a full but very happy vegan.


I love chef Stosie's style of cooking, her use of local ingredients and combinations on the plate, which all work together.  Service front of house is always friendly and efficient, with plenty of banter with AJ and Ben.   Throughout the entire meal, I was comparing to a recent visit to a fine dining restaurant in Manchester, which I reviewed last month, such a different experience.   I will definitely return to the Parkers Arms, in fact I cannot wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment