Blueberries Cafe New Market Street Clitheroe - 9th March 2016

Blueberries is a small independent cafe, in the historic market town of Clitheroe, located on the edge of the market area, off New Market Street.   It is not the most attractive of places from the outside, but was lovely and cosy inside and really busy on a cold Wednesday lunchtime, always a good sign.



Vegan options on the extensive menu and specials board are few and far between, made even worse by my allergy issues, as my go to dish, pre-allergy days would be jacket potato with baked beans.  I had a chat with the lady behind the counter, whose name was Annalise, explaining I was vegan with allergies and my concerns about bread and wraps, which all seem to have soya in these days.   She was so helpful and brought me the wraps to check and between us we created a roast vegetable, caramelised onion and sunblush tomato wrap with salad and chips.




I ordered an Americano coffee with an extra shot, it was fabulous and a great accompaniment to the wrap, which was one of the tastiest I have eaten in a long time, made fresh to order, so much better than the chains.


Annalise said they were always happy to accommodate any diet or allergy requirement and would always try to make something to suit, which I think is fantastic and one of the reasons I prefer to support small independents.

Addendum:  I returned to Blueberries yesterday on a cold miserable rainy day and a hot lunch was in order.   A huge jacket potato with roast vegetables, sunblush tomatoes, avocado, salad, a dish beetroot and a pot of Earl Grey, was just the ticket, tasty and satisfying.  




Blueberries obviously love to look after their customers and I will definitely return, as I prefer to support independents, who go the extra mile.


No comments:

Post a Comment