Gino D'Acampo My Restaurant Corn Exchange Manchester - 11th March 2016

This was my second visit to Gino D'Acampo My Restaurant and luckily for me, there was a 50% off food promotion on, so off I went armed with my allergen sheet, which I had been emailed a week or two ago.

The place was buzzing and I found out why, Gino himself was there, going round speaking to diners and obviously promoting sales of his many recipe books.

The place is very modern, lovely bright colours but very low lighting, so not ideal for taking photos, so my food photos taken with my mobile phone, do not do the food justice.



I had studied their comprehensive allergen list and knew they had a good number of vegan or vegan possible dishes and even better non of their bread contains soya, which I am allergic to, so if I fancy a pizza or bruschetta sometime, it is no problem.

I ordered the giant Apulian olives to start, which were some of the best I have eaten, large, juicy and full of flavour.


Main course was orecchiette pasta (known as little ears due to the shape) with broccoli, pinenuts, chilli, garlic and loads of olive oil.   I love the simplicity of the ingredients, but what a delicious dish, it was just the kind of thing I often make at home and I would definitely order it again.


To accompany my pasta I ordered spinach and chickpeas, which I thought may be cooked with butter, but the waitress quickly confirmed it was cooked with olive oil, garlic and chilli.   This dish was so good I could easily eat a large portion with some bread and I loved it, especially as it had a good kick of chilli.


Service throughout my time there was very friendly, efficient and professional and even though the place was very busy, there were no long waits for food or drinks.   Gino came to the table and I got the usual European two cheek kiss, it was nice to say a quick hello, before he dashed off to say hello to other diners.

I will definitely be returning to Gino D'Acampo My Restaurant, it is a great addition to the Corn Exchange.


No comments:

Post a Comment