The Veggie Cafe Leeds Road Ilkley - 23rd March 2016

The Veggie is in the centre of Ilkley and since my last visit, has had a major makeover, is bigger and better and has great kerb appeal, with its carrot signage.   Inside it is modern, but has a welcoming warm feel and on an overcast Wednesday lunchtime was so busy, we just managed to get the last table.




There is a large menu on offer, a special boards, which included two soups and so many vegan options, it was difficult to choose.



I decided on a houmous, avocado and carrot wrap, a side of potato wedges and Earl Grey tea.   The waitress was really friendly and when I enquired if their wraps were soya free, she was happy to help.

The potato wedges were worth the trip on their own, proper wedges, perfectly cooked, sprinkled with sea salt and piping hot.


The wrap was delicious, with great presentation on the plate, with lovely fresh salad and a small dish with olives, sunblush tomato, caperberry and paprika sprinkled houmous.  




The Veggie serves quality fresh produce, used with creativity and flair and every time a dish came out the kitchen to one of the other tables, I was licking my lips.   The portobello mushroom burger, with optional vegan cheese, looked like a cracking dish and will be my choice next visit and on the way out, I spotted their vegan chocolate cake!!


No comments:

Post a Comment