Four Elephants Indian Restaurant Skipton Road Foulridge - 5th October 2016

Four Elephants is in the village of Foulridge, not far from Burnley, where we were meeting up with friends, who we had not seen for awhile.   I emailed to enquire about vegan options and the response from Manager Faz, prompted me to book a table for dinner.

We arrived to find the place had undergone a complete refurbishment, since our last visit, when it traded under another name, it is now much cosier and inviting and we got a lovely welcome from Faz and his team.   My photos are not as clear as I would like, I really need to invest in a new mobile phone or take a camera with me.





The menu has plenty of options for vegans, with a little amendment and Faz, having confirmed they cooked their curries in vegetable oil, suggested egg free onion bhajis to start.



The onion bhajis were light, crisp and delicious, but not stodgy like some, in fact they were some of the best bhajis I have had, which begs the question, why bother with egg.

My main course comprised two side dishes, channa masala and sag bhaji, both really tasty, none oily (I hate Indian restaurants where dishes have a slick of oil on top) and spot on for my liking, served with rice.



I finished the meal with a pot of Indian red tea, which was very aromatic and soothing, with lots of spices to aid digestion.

Overall impressions were excellent, the staff could not have been more helpful and accommodating, the food was fresh and cooked to order and the venue is a huge improvement, so I would definitely return, even though its a journey for me.



No comments:

Post a Comment