The Retreat Tearooms Main Street Grassington - 30th September 2016

The Retreat Tearooms is a vegetarian cafe during the day and bistro on Friday and Saturday evenings. I enquired via their Facebook page, as to vegan options and allergy requirements and owner Adele was so helpful, I booked a table and a B&B up the street, that she recommended as well.   I love the exterior from the street, so inviting and packed full of customers when we walked past Friday afternoon, to check out the menu displayed outside.




When we arrived we found The Retreat equally inviting inside, with low lighting, candles and a relaxed calm feel and we were shown to a lovely big table for two.



I chose the aubergine stack ,with houmous replacing the goats cheese and it was a tasty start to the meal, as I love all the components of the dish, so it was a winner.



Main course was an adaptation of the filo parcel dish, with a vegan curry sauce and chips, again it was delicious, the parcel was packed with vegetables and I loved the sauce.




I was pretty full by this time, but grilled peppered peaches, pistachio crumb and raspberries, were impossible to resist and as the photos show, you can see why, presentation was topnotch as was the flavour.   It is a dish I will replicate at home.



My only niggle is with the wine list, with no vegan wines labelled, although you would presume that all the wines would be vegetarian, but this was not clear either.   However I kicked off with a bottle of Corona and continued with wine I knew was vegan, but maybe this is something The Retreat will look at in the future.


We had a friendly front of house team looking after us, Carole and Steve, who did a great job and were helpful but professional.

I thoroughly enjoyed our visit to The Retreat and will definitely revisit in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment