Greens Cafe & Bistro College Street Grasmere

Greens Cafe & Bistro is in the lovely village of Grasmere and highly recommended by two friends (incidentally not even vegetarians), as they cater for every kind of diet, so vegans are welcome and they use fresh and local produce.


We were lucky to get a table, as the place was packed, especially as it was a drizzly day and everyone wanted to eat inside.   Greens is cosy and welcoming with an extensive menu, so I was spoilt for choice, especially as they had cakes and desserts on offer too.



First impressions always count, so when my coffee was served and I was placing my food order and mentioned vegan, the chap took my coffee away and brought it back, replacing the shortbread, with two dairy free vegan chocolates.   How is that for attention to detail.


I chose a jacket potato with spicy houmous, salad and mango chutney dressing, just the kind of lunch I needed, half way round a twelve mile walk.




I love a good jacket potato and with the big dollop of spicy houmous, I was a happy vegan, made even happier, when I bought a takeaway lime and coconut cupcake, to have with a flask of tea later.   The cupcake got well squashed in my rucksack, but it was delicious, with a really zesty lime flavour and plenty of icing on the top.



I would not hesitate to visit Greens again and I wish other non vegan places, offered such a selection of vegan options, they certainly deserve to get vegan business.

No comments:

Post a Comment