The Pilcrow Pub Sadler's Yard Manchester - 13th October 2016

The Pilcrow Pub is a new craft beer pub, built nearly completely by volunteers, who have influenced and crafted everything inside the pub, using traditional methods, taught by local artists, designers and makers in a series of free workshops.   The Pilcrow really is a community driven project and it looks fantastic both outside and inside.





The Pilcrow offers sandwiches during the day, supplied by Pollen Bakery, a new business recently set up in Manchester, so I tweeted both enquiring about a vegan option for my visit.  The Pilcrow offered to order a vegan sandwich and put it aside just for me and Pollen Bakery told me the vegan filling for that day, which luckily for me accommodated my allergy requirements.   I received a reply off both of them, within minutes of my enquiry tweet, that is customer service and why I like to support independent businesses, they go the extra mile.

On arrival I chose a half pint of a Red IPA vegan beer by Cloudwater Brewery who are listed on Barnivore and at a whopping 8% strength, it certainly hit the spot.  


My herb cannellini bean, avocado, black olive and salad leaf sandwich, on the best sourdough bread I have ever eaten, was fabulous.   The bread had a lovely crust, great texture, with that delicious sourdough smell, I did not want to finish eating and will copy the filling idea, it was that good.





There was a vegan peanut butter and chocolate brownie too, but I was too full to partake.   I love The Pilcrow's location, just across from Victoria Station, its story, its beers and its food, especially as they host food events with guys like The Ottomen, so The Pilcrow is on my favourites list.

No comments:

Post a Comment