The Black Horse Hotel Garrs Lane Grassington - 30th September 2016

I booked dinner at The Retreat Tearooms (see my review here) but decided to set off early and wanted lunch too.   I was not expecting to find anywhere else catering for vegans, then I found The Black Horse Hotel, with clearly marked vegan options on the menu.   I emailed and received a very positive reply from Ellie, who confirmed they used a separate fryer and could adapt dishes on the specials board too, so they are very amenable.



The Black Horse is a proper pub, catering for beer drinkers and diners alike, with a homely feel to the place.   I am rather disillusioned with so many pubs these days, with their formulaic style and decor and soulless character, so to find somewhere like The Black Horse is refreshing.



I ordered a roast pepper and red onion wrap, with potato wedges, what a good choice, a simple sandwich filling, which can easily be tasteless (and I have had a few in my time).   However this was succulent and delicious and the potato wedges, well what can I say, totally moreish and even though I was full, by the time I finished, could easily have managed a few more.





The Black Horse is the only pub in Grassington, with vegan options, so it is a no brainer where to dine and I would love to revisit for dinner and plan to do that sooner, rather than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment