Lunya College Lane Liverpool - 14th January 2016

Lunya is a lovely Catalan deli, bar and restaurant, with the added bonus of having an extensive vegan menu.   We had a lovely table for two near the bar and were very well looked after by our waiters Natalia and Gokhan.



The vegan menu has so much choice, it was difficult to decide what to have, a tough decision.






Pre dinner nibbles were stuffed giant gordal olives, recommended by Natalia (an excellent choice) and roasted Catalan almonds.   The olives were some of the best I have eaten, lush, moist and delicious and I love almonds, so perfect to start the meal.


Catalan tomato bread, patatas pil pil and pan fried woodland mushrooms and asparagus followed the nibbles.   I could not fault the dishes, they were totally divine, I did not want to finish they were that good, as you can see from the photos.




I love eating these small plates of food, so if you fancy something else, you can order more, so to finish it had to be escalivada, another fine dish.


To accompany the meal we had a very nice bottle of Rioja Gran Reserva, delicious and vegan, which complimented the meal perfectly.

I loved Lunya, so much so that not only will I visit Liverpool again, but will be paying their Manchester venue a visit at some point in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment