The Palazzo Burnley - 30th January 2016

The Palazzo is an Italian restaurant in a magnificent building, that was Nat West Bank, on Grimshaw Street, Burnley which has fond memories, as I worked there for about twelve years, from the age of eighteen.   The Palazzo is the sister restaurant to The Villa Clitheroe, but on a larger scale and it was great to catch up with owner Pino Cafasso, to congratulate him on his new venture.   It really is an awesome building, with so much marble, wood panelling, plasterwork and cornicing and the refurbishment is sympathetic to its surroundings.


We had a couple of drinks in the bar, where there is plenty of seating and a huge wood burning pizza oven.


We shown through to our table, where we had some delicious olives, olive oil and balsamic and bread.


For starter I shared a rosemary garlic bread with my friend, but to be honest I could easily have devoured this on my own, it was fantastic, in fact the best I have eaten.


I enquired when I arrived. as to which pasta was eggfree, so I ordered the linguine with garlic, chilli and tomato and a side salad.   The pasta was perfectly cooked and absolutely spot on, if I had eaten this dish in Italy, which I have done many times, I would have been happy.




We had a lovely Canaletto Pinot Grigio vegan wine, to accompany the meal and then some rather nice Espresso coffees.

We do not live locally to The Palazzo, but it is definitely worth the trip, to visit with friends who live nearby and so we will be back, as based on their rosemary garlic bread, their pizzas must be awesome


No comments:

Post a Comment