Usha Indian Rossendale Road Burnley - 8th January 2016

It must be ten years since my last visit to Usha but I think it has changed hands since.   Tonight's visit was to meet up with friends, so I had tweeted to ask Usha about vegan options and was assured it was not a problem.   Sadly due to my allergy to lentils, I now have to forego my beloved poppadums, dahls and dishes with taramind which is a real pain.

There is plenty of choice on the menu and the curries are cooked in vegetable oil, not butter ghee which is a good start.

Our waiter Faz was brilliant, we went through the dishes I had in mind and he said whether they were suitable or could be adapted.

So to kick off, instead of poppadums, I had a freshly cooked chapati, served in a tiffin box, to have with the various chutneys.


My starter was vegetable samosa served with salad garnish, freshly cooked, packed full of vegetables and you could tell it was homemade.



I chose two side dishes, instead of a main course, one being a chickpea dish specially made without the yogurt and the other spinach and potato, served with boiled rice.   I could not fault either of them.   I hate curries dripping in oil with an oil slick on the top of the dish, these were spot on, really delicious, in fact they were both some of the best I have had in recent years.




I was very impressed with Usha's attitude to dietary requirements and in particular Faz, who was very patient whilst I explained what I could and could not eat. I will definitely be returning to try other dishes on the menu.

No comments:

Post a Comment